Special Collections and Archives
Knox's Special Collections and Archives department is located at the heart of the Seymour Library, on the 2nd and 3rd floors. Carley Robison is the A&SC director. Everything you ever wanted to know about Knox, its history, the histories of its alums, what they looked like, etc., is inside the Archives. You just never thought to look there.
You must sign in when entering the Archives, and sign out when leaving the Archives. Ink pens are not allowed in the Archives, only pencils.
 Archival Collections
- Finley Collection -Midwestern History
- Preston Player Collection - Mississippi River
- Ray D. Smith Collection - Civil War History
- Strong Collection - Cartography & Western United States
- Abraham Lincoln Collection
- Workman Collection - Books Lincoln Read
- Campbell Collection - Children's Literature
- Eugene Field Collection
- Edgar Lee Masters Collection
- Hughes Collection - Ernest Hemingway & the Lost Generation
- Special Collections
 Other Special Collections
- The Lombard College Manuscripts Collection
- Eugene Field Manuscript Collection
- The Lombard College Scrapbook
 Other Notable Artifacts
- An original Diderot Encyclopédie.
 Remote Storage
Remote Storage is accessed through an inconspicuous door on the second floor of the Seymour Math and Science Library in SMC, past the old math stacks. It houses, among other things, oversize artworks and every surviving ground-breaking shovel used at Knox College.
 Deep Storage
Located down stairs and behind a double door in CFA, Deep Storage houses the many fraternity-related artifacts, objects too large or awkward to fit anywhere else, and a model of Old Main made completely out of bees wax. Totally check this thing out.
 Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday: 9am - 12pm; 1pm - 4:30pm
- Saturday - closed
- Sunday - closed